Saturday, September 21, 2013

Quondam: A Playlist for Mathias Gletscher





1. Miss Missing You - Fall Out Boy

Now you’re gone

But I’ll be okay
Your hot whiskey eyes
Have fanned the flames



Maybe I’ll burn a little brighter tonight
Let the fire breathe me back to life



2. The Lonely - Christina Perri



Broken pieces of
A barely breathing story
Where there once was love
Now there's only me and the lonely.



Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you?
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again.



3. Ready! Aim! Fire! - Imagine Dragons



How come I've never seen your face 'round here?
I know every single face 'round here
A man on a mission, changing the vision
I was never welcome here



4. Some Kind of Monster - Neon Trees



I'm some kind of monster
Since I lost her
Now I'm raging wild,
And starting fires



I burn this whole thing down
I'm some kind of monster
How bad do I want her



5. Cold Desert - Kings of Leon



You told me you loved me, that I'd never die alone
Hand over your heart, let's go home
Everyone noticed, everyone has seen the signs
I've always been known to cross lines



6. Hearts A Mess - Gotye



They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go



Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how



7. Demons - Imagine Dragons 



Your eyes, they shine so bright 
I wanna save that light 
I can't escape this now 
Unless you show me how



8. Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers 



The world I love 
The tears I drop 
To be part of 
The wave can't stop 
Ever wonder if it's all for you



9. Dance, Dance! - Fall Out Boy



And these are the lives you love to lead 
Dance, this is the way they'd love 
If they knew how misery loved me



10. Blue Ocean Floor - Justin Timberlake



20,000 leagues away, catch up to you on the same day
Travel at the speed of light, thinking the same thought at the same time
Heart beats at a steady pace, I'll let the rhythm show me the way 
No one can find us here, fade out and disappear
If my red eyes don't see you anymore 
And I can't hear you through the white noise
11. Angel With a Shotgun - The Cab

They say before you start a war,
You better know what you're fighting for.
Well baby, you are all that I adore,
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be.



12. Nothing Left to Say - Imagine Dragons



Who knows what's right?
The lines keep getting thinner
My age has never made me wise
But I keep pushing on and on and on and on



13. Better Days - GooGoo Dolls



I need someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive



14. Daylight - Maroon 5 



Here I am staring at your perfection 
In my arms, so beautiful 
The sky is getting bright, the stars are burning out
Somebody slow it down



This is way too hard, cause I know
When the sun comes up, I will leave
This is my last glance that will soon be memory
15. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon



Someone like you, 
And all you know, 
And how you speak 
Countless lovers under cover of the street  
You know that I could use somebody 
You know that I could use somebody 
Someone like you  

No comments:

Post a Comment