Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Launch: 5B








Hello, everybody!

It's been a while since I've last "spoken"; the last time was while I was taking a vacation with my family. 😅  To give some sort of explanation on why the RussDates stopped, I'll admit that I felt tired out by the constant need to give updates? I found myself running out of words to say constantly, and having to force out something per week didn't really feel that great. I apologize for that, though, and I'll do my best to start those updates up again--especially since I'll be returning to school starting next week.

But I'm back, though--hopefully for good--and here to celebrate! It's going to be five years since I've first started blogging here on August 2012; and to celebrate, I decided to have a little throwback as the theme for this year's celebration.

I'll be explaining more about it below--hope you'll be interested in learning more! ♡

"Let's get into it."


At this point, I think everyone (or most people) know where Coalesce comes from or what its background was. I talked about it in my Launch post last year, but to keep things short, Coalesce is essentially a remake of my Death Note Alternate Universe (DNAU) fics. If you've been a longtime viewer / reader of mine, then you would know that I've been posting DNAU fics, shorts, graphics, and playlists since 2012 (or so) as well.

I pretty much owe whatever I have with Coalesce to both the DNAU and the entire Death Note franchise. Without those, I'm certain that I wouldn't have the project that I do right now.

You guys have pretty much seen how the DNAU has grown one way or another, and you're also pretty much witnessing the growth of Coalesce. I originally thought of crossing over Coalesce with the DNAU, but scrapped that idea after talking to a really good friend of mine regarding what to do for the five-year celebration.

Eventually she brought up the idea of going sentimental, going back to the past and whatnot. After tossing more ideas back and forth, the idea pretty much came to me. For this celebration, I want to focus on looking back and seeing how the nine mains of Coalesce have grown and changed compared to their original DNAU counterparts. It's an interesting thing for me, seeing how the DNAU has been alive for a longer time than Coalesce has. Getting to compare the featured characters and seeing where things are headed now is something I'm looking forward to doing, and it's also something I'm looking forward to sharing with you guys. (˶◕‿◕˶✿)

I've managed to equally divide the month into nine separate portions. Eight characters will have three days dedicated to their DNAU and Coalesce counterpart, while the last will have four days for themselves. Following what I've done in past celebrations, I'll be keeping Sunday (except for August 6) free as both a rest day and for me to post the RussDates.

That's all I'll be revealing for now! ♡ I really, really hope you'll stick around for the entire month--I can already feel that some parts will be cringey (lmao), especially when it comes to looking at what happened before. Regardless, it's going to be a fun month.

Happy August, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment