Sunday, June 23, 2013

Battle-Scarred: A Playlist



Their story had five stages.

Numbness.
Breaking.
Internal Struggle.
Together or Not.
Finale.



I. Benommenheit 

1. Asleep - Emily Browning 

Don't feel bad for me
I want you to know
Deep in the cell of my heart
I really want to go

There is another world
There is a better world
Well, there must be
there must be


2. Me Against the World - Simple Plan

I've got no place to go
I've got no where to run
They love to watch me fall
They think they know it all


3. Conspiracy - Paramore

Explain to me this conspiracy against me
And tell me how I've lost my power

Where can I turn? 'Cause I need something more
Surrounded by uncertainty, I'm so unsure
Tell me why I feel so alone 
'Cause I need to know to whom do I owe


4. Panic - The Smiths

Hopes may rise on the Grasmere
But honey pie, you're not safe here
So you run down
To the safety of the town
But there's Panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside


5. Just Tonight - The Pretty Reckless

Do you understand who I am
Do you wanna know
Can you really see through me now
I am 'bout to go

But just tonight I won't leave
I'll lie and you'll believe
Just tonight I will see
It's all because of me


II. Zerbrechen 


6. Panic - The Pretty Reckless

You are driving me into panic
I know that you can't understand it
I'm constantly sinking, I'm no longer thinking
So leave me alone when I'm frantic


7. Doomsday - Doctor Who OST


8. Tiptoe - Imagine Dragons

They won't see me run, who can blame them?
They never look to see me fly, so I never have to lie


9. Thank You - Simple Plan

I wonder why it always has to hurt,
For every lesson that you have to learn
I won’t forget what you did to me,
How you showed me things, 
I wish I’d never seen
But I was stupid,
And you broke me down
I’ll never be the same again


10. The Preying Mantis - Porcelain Black

I don’t think I am who you want me to be
I’m sorry it took you this long just to see that
I’m rolling and rolling around in my mind


III. Kampf 


11. Demons - Imagine Dragons

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how


12. Kopf Hoch - Swiss

[Couldn't find official translations, so I relied on google]

Ihr habt gesagt ich schaff das nicht,
Ich bin zu schwach,
Ich bin mein Weg gegangen,
Und hab mein Ding gemacht,
Ich wurde getreten geschlagen gehasst und verraten

Wo wart ihr, wo wart ihr als ich euch gebraucht habe 
Ihr wart nicht da man, ihr wart woanders aber ihr wart nicht bei mir,


13. Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Frey

And suddenly I become a part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and it's effortless
Without a sound we lose sight of the ground
In the throw around
Never thought that you wanted to bring it down
I won't let it go down till we torch it ourselves


14. Timebomb - P!nk

I thought we could start again
Go back to the days when we felt like friends
It's all too serious for me
And I know I'm guilty

Matchsticks and poison
That's what I add to the fire
My dear, I'm frozen
Turned from a saint to a liar


15. Part II - Paramore

Come and find me dancing all alone,
To the sound of an enemy's song,
I'll be lost until you find me
Fighting on my own,
In a war that's already been won,
I'll be lost until you come and find me here


IV. Gemeinsam oder Gar nicht  


16. Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia

There was a time
I met a girl of a different kind.
We ruled the world,
I thought I'd never lose her out of sight.
We were so young, I think of her now and then.
I still hear the songs reminding me of a friend.


17. Braveheart - The Gomband

First, I've been lying to myself
Second, my chest has been aching
So I pretended not to have noticed the third

This is fine with me
Everything is okay now
It's all right if I can't be myself


18. We Are Broken - Paramore

With my wide eyes
I've seen worlds that don't belong
My mouth is dry with words I cannot verbalize
Tell me why we live like this


19. Never Let Me Go - Florence + The Machine

And it's over
And I'm going under
But I'm not giving up
I'm just giving in


20. You - The Pretty Reckless

You can’t see me, no
Like I see you
I can’t have you, no
Like you have me


V. Finale


21. Safe and Sound - Taylor Swift

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound


22. Second Go - Lights

Give me a second go
Don't let me go alone
You saw me at the worst
You caught me falling first
All I wanted to know
Give me a second go


23. Interlude: Holiday - Paramore

Now I can move on to facing
Big girl problems
No more high school drama

Now I get a holiday
Wherever I go I might stay
I don't plan on coming back ever
If I can help it
Now I get a holiday


24. Wonderwall - Oasis

And all the roads that lead you there were winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how

I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall


25. Interlude: I'm Not Angry Anymore - Paramore

I'm not angry anymore,
Sometimes I am
I don't think badly of you
Sometimes I do

Depends on the day
The extent of all my worthless rage

I'm not angry anymore
I'm not bitter anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment