Sunday, December 30, 2012

Treatment

Something that is actually bothering me now is the fact that Arianne never had any treatment for her amnesia in her younger years.

After the car crash at age thirteen, she had dissociative amnesia - to put the explanation short, she blocked all memories, before the crash and during the crash, causing her to have difficulty in accepting what had really happened to her. The blocking of memories due to the trauma of the accident is mainly that of the dissociative. However, I am not quite sure on which amnesia takes the events of the crash away, particuarly her childhood.

For now, I am not entirely sure if the dissociative got so bad that she decided to take everything before the event away. It's a sketchy process and now, I'm drowning myself in research just about amnesia.

But related to that topic:

A never had treatment.

She never went to therapy to recover her memories.

This is where I'm thinking.

Can something trigger the human subconscious and just release the memories? Or is therapy totally needed to fully recover what was lost? Like a laptop, actually. Can something trigger the return of files, or would a resetting of hard drive (or something else) attempt to recover them? The laptop suggestion can be rather unsure of, though, as the files can be lost forever even with resetting...unless you have a spare usb with all your files as back up, I mean.

Damn my curiosity. Lol I'll just carry on with research.

No comments:

Post a Comment