Thursday, March 28, 2013

Character Playlist: Elaine Rivers

Good evening! Or rather, good morning seeing as it's already 12 AM here. Yesterday or so, I gave a good friend of mine a challenge - to write a playlist centered on any OC of hers. Believe it or not, she threw the challenge back at me, that I have to do a playlist based on one of HER own characters. Using a random generator, I picked and received Elaine Rivers, her own character on her original story, The Shoujo Parallels. A link will be given much later. What shocked me was that she got Arzen Venura - a character somewhat resembled me - and I got Elaine Rivers - a character that somewhat resembled her

Originally, I was worried because 60% of the songs on my iTunes were filled with songs that helped me write romantic tales - tales for my OTP. Luckily, 40% of what remained seemed to be filled with songs that could possibly be used in making a playlist for her character, Elaine Rivers. 

The playlist contains 11 English songs and 1 Japanese one. I originally intended for there to be a hidden track, but after all the thinking and consideration, I decided not to add it. *bows head in shame* 

Now, let's move on with the babbling of mine and check out the playlist! So, Giselle - if you see this, forgive me if I screwed up Elaine, especially with the album art. Feel free to smack me when you see me on the sixth. XD Giselle's blog is: here, and her blog containing The Shoujo Parallels is over here. Now, toodaloo! Enjoy this playlist - like how I enjoyed making it. 





Actress used: (top and bottom) Shay Mitchell, best known 
on the TV show Pretty Little Liars as Emily Fields.



1. She's Thunderstorms by The Arctic Monkeys 


She came and substituted
The peace and quiet for
Acrobatic blood flow
Concertina cheating heart beat
Rapid fire

2. Champagne for My Real Friends (Real Pain for My Sham Friends) by Fall Out Boy

The sounds of this small town make my ears hurt
Oh yeah, you caught me. But I caught you one worse
They say, "You want a war? You've got a war."
But who are you fighting for?
The tides out, the ship's run aground
We drown traitors in shallow water

3. Kiss With A Fist by Florence + The Machine 

My black eye casts no shadow
Your red eye sees no pain
Your slaps don't stick
Your kicks don't hit
So we remain the same

4. Houdini by Foster the People 

Rise above, gonna start the war!
What you want, what you need, what'd you come here for?
Well, an eye for an eye and an 'F' for fight
They're taking me down as the prisoners riot

Got shackles on, my words are tied
Fear can make you compromise
Fasten up, it's time to hide
Sometimes I wanna disappear

5. Some Nights by Fun. 

(Alright, I thought the whole song described the character. But I'll just post what I think are the closest.)

This is it, boys, this is war - what are we waiting for?
Why don't we break the rules already?
I was never one to believe the hype
Save that for the black and white
I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked,
But here they come again to jack my style

Well, some nights I wish that this all would end
'Cause I could use some friends for a change.
And some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again
Some nights I always win, I always win

6. Better Days by the GooGoo Dolls

I need someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child who saved this world
And there's 10 million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cause everyone is forgiven now
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again

7. Warrior by Kimbra 

What am I thinking (if you're so sure it's rational)
While the world's shrinking (but that don't make it logical)
What am I thinking (if you say I'm just an animal)
I feel like I'm sinking (you can't explain away the way I feel)

You're just pushing me down, pushing me down, pushing me down
(They tell you 'trust your head, be like men' but never feel like you're good enough)

8. King&Lionheart by Of Monsters and Men 

Taking over this town, they should worry,
But these problems aside I think I taught you well.
That we won't run, and we won't run, and we won't run.
That we won't run, and we won't run, and we won't run.

And in the winter night sky ships are sailing,
Looking down on these bright blue city lights.
And they won't wait, and they won't wait, and they won't wait.
We're here to stay, we're here to stay, we're here to stay.

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart.
A lionheart.

9. Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men

(I thought that this whole song described Amaya [Elaine's Shoujo counterpart] and Elaine's connection with each other. Again, I'll be posting lyrics which I think fit best.)

And some days I can't even trust myself
It's killing me to see you this way

'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back
Well tell her that I miss our little talks
Soon it will be over and buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love.

10. Good Old Days by P!nk 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years go by
I don't really know why I don't really know why
7, 8, 9, 11 years go by
I don't really know why I don't really know why
I still feel the same way I did when I was 17
I still look over my shoulder waitin for the world to change

But these are the good old days
These are the good old days
These are the good old days
And I think I'd like to stay
I'd like to stay
I'd like to stay

11. Looking Up by Paramore

We always pull through
Oh, when we try
I'm always wrong
But you're never right
Oh, you're never right

Honestly, can you believe
We crossed the world while it's asleep?
I'd never trade it in
'Cause I've always wanted this and
It's not a dream anymore, no
It's not a dream anymore
It's worth fighting for

12. Bokura no Ashiato by Supercell 

Japanese Lyrics: 

Kizutsukerareru koto ni nareta bokura wa shitteru 
Hontou wa aisaretakute shikata ga nai koto wo 
Mitomeru yuuki ga motenai no nara 
Mou mayowazu te wo nobasou 
Yasashisa toka omoi dake ja ikite yuke wa shinai 
Dakara koso jibun rashiku aritai to negau no desu 
Kibou wo kazoete  ashita wo kazoete 
Sou yatte bokura aruiteku 
Mada minu ashita e aruiteku

English Lyrics: 

For those of us who are used to being hurt by others, we know 
That in reality, we can't help but desire to be loved by others 
If we don't have the courage to admit to that, 
Let's just stop hesitating and extend our hands 
Precisely because we wish to remain as ourselves, 
We should not just live with kindness and feelings alone 
We walk on by enumerating our hopes and future 
And we walk towards the yet unseen future 

No comments:

Post a Comment