Sunday, March 31, 2013

Relationship Playlist: "Run."

the fowl
and its prey
attack each other
claws out and teeth bared
blood lust in their crazed gaze

they strike
and others watch
anticipating the win
of the fowl and the loss
of the prey

and the fowl crashes down
on the dirty, soiled ground
while the prey stands over it
not with a triumphant gaze
but a pitying one








1. In the Mourning by Paramore

from Touta to A

You escaped like a runaway train
Off the tracks and down again
And my heart's beating like a steam boat tugging all your burdens
On my shoulders

2. Please Don't Leave Me by P!nk

from A to Touta

(Truthfully, this whole song describes their relationship. 
But I've picked the lyrics that suit them best.)

How many times have I kicked you out of here?
Or said something insulting?

I can cut you into pieces
When my heart is broken

I always say how I don't need you
But it's always gonna come right back to this
Please don't leave me

I cannot be without
You're my perfect little punching bag
And I need you,
I'm sorry.

3. Count On Me by Bruno Mars 

from Touta to A

If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see
I'll be the light to guide you

You can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it
I can count on you like four, three, two
You'll be there

4. Demons by Imagine Dragons 

from A to Touta

Don’t want to let you down
But I am hell bound

Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide

5. Lights by Ellie Goulding 

from A to Touta

I had a heart then but the queen has been overthrown
And I'm not sleeping now, the dark is too hard to beat

You show the lights that stop me turn to stone
You shine it when I'm alone

6. The Ice is Getting Thinner by Death Cab for Cutie

from Touta to A

We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
The seasons have changed and so have we.
There was little we could say, and even less we could do
To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you.

7. Hurricane by 30 Seconds to Mars

from A to Touta

The promises we made were not enough
The prayers that we have prayed were like a drug

8. The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy

from Touta to A

Hey young blood
Doesn't it feel
Like our time is running out
I'm gonna change you like a remix
Then I'll raise you like a phoenix

9. Miss Atomic Bomb by The Killers 

from Touta to A

Cast out of the night, well you've got a foolish heart
So you took your place but the fall from grace was the hardest part
It feels just like a dagger buried deep in your back
You run for cover but you can't escape the second attack

10. Run by P!nk 

from Touta to A

(And again, the whole song describes their relationship.
what is with P!nk and the Touta-A relationship tell me
Selected lyrics one more!)

I wouldn't hurt you, like the world did me
Keep you safe, I'd keep you sweet
Everything that I went through,
I'm grateful you won't have to do
I know that you will have to fall
I can't hide you from it all

But take the best of what I've got
And you know no matter what
Before you walk away, you know you can
Run, run, run,
Back to my arms, back to my arms

See, here's the bloody, bloody truth
You will hurt and you will lose
I've got scars you won't believe
Wear them proudly on my sleeve
I hope you'll have the sense to know
That sadness comes and sadness goes


* * * * *

Author's Note: This is not intended to be taken romantically. My headcanon is that after the Kira Case, Touta developed into a bitter man who later grew out of it as he rediscovered his passion for investigating. As he grew out of the cold and developed into the enthusiastic flame he always was, a new person came into his life - one who intrigued him to investigate and know more about. 

Their friendship is a give and take one, but she tends to take more and he tends to give more. Deep down, though, Touta loves A as a sister, and does this all for her because he doesn't want to see her as he was before.  Someone lost and afraid, and he knew she was developing into that kind of person. So he made a promise to her - and to himself. He wanted to help her, and at the same time, help as well as forgive himself for what he had gone through in the past. 


A, on the other hand, knows what she has done to him had hurt him. All the screaming and the blaming and the anger had finally caught up to her, and she feels undeserving of his never-ending kindness. She beats herself up for it and does her best to repay him. This is where her drive to repay comes from. If she would repay everyone for what they did to help and develop her,  even in the smallest ways, it would make her feel like she was repaying Touta as well. His help and care for her helped her develop into a stronger, kinder, and better woman. And she wants to pass this help and repayment on.

No comments:

Post a Comment