Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Modes of Persuasion: Squad A




"You'll be great. You'll be amazing and successful, even though you think you aren't. Listen to me. I was a failure back then. The laughing stock of my team. They used me as some kind of nanny, making me fetch coffee and do their dirty work. But I kept pushing. I nearly fell off a building just to prove myself. I shot a man, and it was against my will to do so. After the case, I was respected and was eventually signed on here to train new agents. So if some guy like me was able to make it all the way here, then I'm willing to risk my life just to see you succeed in your own."

"We've seen the same scenario in the Koboyashi case five months ago. All that we've found point to one suspect, and this is our only chance of finding him. We've studied this day and night, sent whatever we could find back and forth to Thomas and the other forensics...I can bring out the folder and show you myself. Have you seen the results? The way of killing? The evidence we were able to find? All of it matches up to one person, and one person only. And I won't rest until I find the bastard, by myself or not."

"Listen, buddy. My dad has been part of the NYPD ever since I could remember. He taught me how to shoot, and I've learned a lot from my old man. I've been working here since I was twenty-two. It's been four years, I'm under one of the highest ranking squads, and my records are good enough. I'm working with forensic scientists, police, and have encountered so much shit - failure, death, and a few injuries here and there. So don't even try to tell me that I know jack about what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment